The data model includes 3 core concepts of Lingua Libre : language, speakers, recordings. Items exist for each of these 3 dimensions. Those items have properties, which themselves have various values. This, all together, creates our database.
This is the language of a speaker or of a recording. This property may point to a language defined on Wikidata (wikidata:Q34770).
The speaker is the person that pronounced one or several words in an audio recording. There are various information on the speaker such as their residence at the time of recording and their native tongue.
Every recording created with the Record Wizard is added into the database along with some metadata that includes the date the recording was created, the speaker and the language.
Querying the data
SPARQL end points
- LinguaLibre's SPARQL endpoint – to query Wikidata from Lingualibre, use
- Wikidata Query Service – to query Lingualibre from Wikidata, use
- Help:SPARQL – examples of SPARQL queries
- Special:ListProperties – list of all properties used on Lingua Libre
- Help:SPARQL 2 (stub) – examples of advanced SPARQL queries
- Help:APIs – APIs queries relevant to LinguaLibre, including Commons.
- Special:ApiSandbox – API queries generator for Lingualibre wikipage and wikibase contents.
Modifying the data
- (This section needs an author.)
- Help:Navigating Wikidata on Wikidata