Hello Marreromarco, nice to see you found your way and filled a request. It's not public yet but a v.2.0 of our bot will arrive around January 2022 (reasonable projection). Spanish may be included in v.1.0, or wait for inclusion into the v.2.0. Both way requires the same informations from the bot request you are discussing at the moment with Pamputt. All good :) Yug (talk) 15:09, 14 November 2021 (UTC)
- Yug Merci pour votre message ! I would like to mention that it would be useful if LinguaLibre follows the example of Forvo to increase the number of language learners interested in the Project.
- Forvo.com has a way of displaying the information that engage users and makes it very easy to find pronunciations in their "target" language. For example, if I would like to know how to pronounce "Honoré de Balzac" in French, it would be faster to find the audio on Forvo than on LinguaLibre. Also Forvo displays the data in a way more appealing to language learners:
- Would it be possible to improve the way that data is displayed on LinguaLibre to make it more appealing to Language Learners ? --Marreromarco 16:30, 14 November 2021 (UTC)
Recording limits ?
Hello Marreromarco, given your high contribution I requested to upgrade your upload limit on Commons:Commons:Requests_for_rights#Autopatrol. You can add your support to this request as well, it will help ;) (translate). Yug (talk) 10:19, 19 November 2021 (UTC)
Yug Thanks for your kind help and message. Yes, I intend to contribute with more than 100,000 recordings per year. It is a personal goal for me! Yesterday I was unable to record more sounds after reaching a limit of 380 sounds. I had to wait many hours to record again. merci beaucoup
- Hello @Marreromarco and thank you for your work on Lingua Libre! I really hope that you get the autopatrolled right, so that you'll be free from ratelimits, but for your information, your current ratelimit on Commons is 380 recordings/72 minutes. So in case you want to record more than 380 in a day with your current ratelimit, you can wait 72 minutes before sending your new audio files (no need to wait for more than 72 minutes).
- Thank you again and good luck with your personal daily challenge! — WikiLucas (🖋️) 00:20, 20 November 2021 (UTC)
Sharing your challenge's idea
Hello Marco, would you like to share your challenge idea on LinguaLibre:Workshops#Personal challenge ? Two to 4 lines should be enough, it's just a nice idea and could inspire others. I will likely fix the tone afterward to keep in line with the other section. Yug (talk) 11:29, 23 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Hugo ! Thanks for the idea! I just wrote my “Personal Challenge”. Feel free to change/improve what I wrote. By the way, I recommend to use "LanguageTool" to improve our writing style. "LanguageTool" is a FOSS Project that has been very successful, and their software quality is excellent ! If members of Lingua Libre use LanguageTool, we could avoid many mistakes. A language website with errors in its documentation does not offer a good impression. LanguageTool is our best ally ! Please visit www.languagetool.org --Marreromarco (talk) 23:12, 23 November 2021 (UTC)
Writing down PR ideas
Hello MMarco (is this shorter username ok?),
Given our talks here and recent emails I am starting to think you have though about enough PR avenues, and made initial consensus building sufficient so that we now need to write things down and ramp up.
- Platforms: Let's use LinguaLibre.org to ease co-editing, I suggest we keep every actual writing work here. Emails are for networking and move faster with non wikipedians
- LL PR definition: properly defines our end goals. Likely something in the line of: "outreach ; raise awareness outside of current users base ; train and seed speakers and advocates worldwide, and within minorities"
- LL PR initiative: your current PR initiatives such as It's FOSS & co, which test and field proof PR campaign principles, and will bring back core lessons and principles.
- LL PR planning:
- Short term (week): let's do ideation, writing down your/our core ideas and avenues.
- Medium term (weeks to 3 months): we draft one or two clean campaign proposals. Suitable to apply for a rapid grant, securing 1~5K USD for infographic, flyer editing, writing down core PR documents or kits. Get some intern or young person to dedicatedly work on this part-time for 2~3 months. It will also let us probe for real the funding ecosystem around us and tell us if funding for the time-consuming campaign itself, emailing partners, coordinating and writing external blog posts is possible.
- Long term (6 months): be able to repeat the cycle, with variant grant request funding targeted PR campaign (Indian subcontinent ; Amerindians languages ; African languages ; Indonesia). Idea is there to forward WMF funds money to local communities (Wikimedia user groups)
- Central page: If you agree, let's create a wiki page at LinguaLibre:Events/2022 campaign or at a better name of your choosing. An "Event" is a time-bounded hackathons, conferences, or other group action. As of now, the emerging PR effort can be considered as an "event" in that sense.
- Basically, I would like to handle the grants requests to fund the PR campaigns, while you can largely focus on outreach as you currently started to do. But I and we (the community) need to coordinate with you in order to know what we want on communication and where is the PR going so peripheral contributors can give feedback, jump in, and/or learn from us. Yug (talk) 09:44, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
Yug Thanks for your message ! I created the wiki page LinguaLibre:Events/2022 campaign. It would be useful if members of the Community and Adélaïde Calais WMFr help us to improve that Wiki page with ideas and comments. --Marreromarco
- Ok, all good. Your push is impressive by its details. I just added a generalist introduction. This introduction is visible in LinguaLibre:Events ;), and gives access to the event page. I changed the title to LinguaLibre:Events/Winter 2021-2022 Public Relations Campaign, let's first push a Winter campaign and secure one or two grants, then we reassess. The plan will change frequently anyway :D
- I will get busy in real life in coming days and will therefore wikislow a bit. You could as well, we did a nice push already. Yug (talk) 21:51, 25 November 2021 (UTC)