Hello Xana000, I noticed you are quite active within translations. May I suggest you to get in touch with WikiLucas00 and Eihel, they are I believe the most active around translations. Ask them Guidance when needed. Also, by curiosity, which languages do you speak ? (translate) Yug (talk) 14:05, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
- @Yug I speak ainu (basics only), english, french, german (basics only), italian, japanese, russian and sicilian.--XANA000 (talk) 15:53, 12 December 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Xana000,
- It's quite wonderful. LinguaLibre can record in Ainu languages ll:Q68/wikidata:Q27969 ll:Q31/wikidata:Q20968488 but we need a list of words, to save as List:Ain/Vocabulary. Wiktionary has en:wikt:Category:Ainu_language which Special:RecordWizard can import. Ask us help if needed. I'am quite surprised to learn from Wikidata wikidata:Q27969 there are only 10 native speakers left ??? If so, then I encourage you, even if you have a basic level, to focus on that cultural heritage.
- If you know family member with better speaking skills but you need travel funds (<500€) to go visit them and set up a recording session, please ping me. I may help (guide you through Wikimedian fund requests). Rather in January 2022, tho. Yug (talk) 19:16, 12 December 2021 (UTC)
- I added information to your user:XANA000, but please check of those assessments are correct (unlikely ^^). Yug (talk) 19:26, 12 December 2021 (UTC)
- @Yug It's an exaggeration, there are minimum i think 12,000 speakers. Japanese don't like to tell to eachother if they speak Ainu. For exemple in public (i live in japan) i'll never say to my employer "i speak ainu" cause there's a huge racism against them. So, I'm the one in my family that speaks ainu. in japan there are anonymous ainu schools (nobody knows the real identity of the students, to avoid problems).--XANA000 (talk) 20:13, 12 December 2021 (UTC)