Welcome to Lingua Libre, Seb35!
Lingua Libre is a project which aims to build a collaborative multilingual audiovisual corpus under free licence in order to expand knowledge about languages and help online language communities to develop.
You can help us!
You can visit this page if you want to learn more about the project.
You can create your User page by clicking on it. We recommend that you integrate the babel template onto it. It is very useful to indicate to others the languages you speak, and to facilitate finding other persons speaking your languages. If you are not familiar with wikicode, you can go to this demo User page, read the instructions and copy the prepared babel template, and then paste it onto your user page before adapting it to your information. You can then publish your User page!
Where to start?
- Follow the steps of the Record Wizard
- Think of the words you want to record. You may enter them one by one (live list), use an existing category from a Wiktionary or Wikipedia project, or create your own list.
Do you need help?
You can visit this help page where you will find advice for beginning your contributions on Lingua Libre. If you did not find the answer to your question, please ask it in the Chat room.
- Try to avoid background noises during the recording
- Please listen to the pronunciations before uploading them
- Consider using an external microphone
Best regards! — WikiLucas (🖋️) 14:31, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
Request to add a new language: Láadan
Per help:add a new language, I'm asking you since you're an admin :)
Láadan's Wikidata entry is here: d:Q35757
The ISO 639-3, IETF language tag, and Linguist list codes agree to refer to the language as 'ldn', so I'd recommend that as the LL code also.
Thanks! Arlo Barnes (talk) 17:18, 19 August 2021 (UTC)
- @Arlo Barnes ✓-- Done Pamputt (talk) 18:12, 19 August 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks Pamputt for handling this! ~ Seb35 [^_^] 14:29, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
Re:Translation of LinguaLibre:Explore the sound library
Thank you, I'm going to do it in the next few days. The main menu label "Sound library" still needs to be translated in the Translate Wiki?Olaf (talk) 12:43, 4 October 2021 (UTC)
- Hi @Olaf , The main menu label is part of System messages and can only be added by admins. Please give us the translation in your language and we'll add it ASAP. Best — WikiLucas (🖋️) 13:27, 4 October 2021 (UTC)