|Line 17:||Line 17:|
== == <!--T:5-->
Revision as of 14:44, 14 February 2020
Lingua Libre is an audio recording tool as well as a sound library designed by Wikimedians to improve several Wikimedia projects (Wiktionaries, Wikipedias, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata...).
LinguaLibre.fr is a massive open audio recording platform and web application to ease mass recording of wordslists or text into clean, well cut, well named and apps friendly audio files. It is designed from the start to ease the creation of consistent datasets of audio files. We believe it is the best tool available to create dataset from few dozens to several thousands audios files. Recording productivity can reach up to 1000 audio recordings / hour, given a clean words list and an experienced user. Lingua Libre has received a Project Grant funding from the Wikimedia Foundation and is hosted by Wikimédia France. Today, it is actively used by the Wikimedia community and maintained by passionate contributors as an open source project.
- IRC chan :
#lingualibreon Freenode (To join with Kiwiirc from a web browser)
- Phabricator : https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/3393/ for issues/bugs tracking
- Github : https://github.com/lingua-libre on Github
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/LingLibre_WMFr (mainly in French)
- Shtooka Recorder (2006) by Nicolas Vion - a notable desktop software which had a deep impact on the open audio recording ecosystems. Hundreds of applications use data produced by this software.
- SWAC Recorder (2013) by Nicolas Vion - a revamp of the earlier, lesser known but easier to install, with better user experience in order to expand the user base.
- LinguaLibre.fr v1 (2016) by Nicolas Vion - a cloud variation of the earlier versions, the project was funded by Wikimedia France, a grant by the French Ministry of Culture (Délégation à la langue française et aux langues de France). It was driven by Nicolas Vion, Rémy Gerbet WMFr, Lyokoï, Yug, and designed according to feedbacks from academics. The grant is associated with the project to record and preserve dying French minorities languages. In French only, this platform was demoed to the global Wikimedia community at Vienna and Montreal events in 2017, and demonstrated the need for a v2.
- LinguaLibre.fr v2 (2018) by 0x010C - a full rebuild, based on MediaWiki, using Wikibase and OAuth login for a better integration with the Wikimedia ecosystem. Can be used by the whole community thanks to an user interface available in many languages. The clean, sharp, well named audio files produced ease the creation or enhancing of various derivative applications. Both language learning and language preservation are common use cases. About half of the estimated 7000 human languages are endangered, many other are threatened by the raise of few state-sponsored macro languages.
- All contents under Creative Commons CC-BY-SA-4.0